Saturday, August 23, 2008

First Day of 2nd Grade!

Elizabeth and Megan are finally in the same class this year. They will have so much fun. They better behave themselves!:) I am glad Liz has a good friend in her class.



School bells are ringing, children (and moms) are singing, summer is ending and a new year of school has finally started. Elizabeth started 2nd Grade on August 12th. She was so excited to go to her new classroom and meet her new teacher. Ms LIz Vari is her name, they have already bonded over their names, as you notice her name is Elizabeth too, but she goes by Liz. I'm excited to see what the year will bring. She is such a studious student already and has to be right all the time. Ms Vari has some good things planned this year. I was thrilled to see that she keeps a piano in her classroom. I am a strong believer that music is essential to learning and I love that she clearly feels the same way. It will be a good year. Hurricane Elementary has a new principal this year so it's exciting to see how things will be changed.

Kyler will be starting Head Start on Monday. I will just have Eli at home and he is just a baby still. It will take some getting used to. It's an exciting time in our lives with our kids now in school. I hope they don't grow up too fast.



1 comment:

Robin Sant said...

I am so glad to see you updated your blog, I was starting to get worried about you, haha. Elizabeth looks like she is enjoying herself in school. It's amazing how fast our kids grow up. With just one blink of an eye and they will be teenagers.